Google Calendar will help you organize your life!
Do you have trouble keeping track of your kids’ schedules? Do you have older children like I do, where one has a job and one has activities to be driven to during the week?
How do you keep track of it all? I’ve always been a paper pencil calendar kind of girl, but I’m always leaving my calendar at home, or losing the sticky note I wrote that important date on. Google Calendar has revolutionized my busy schedule!
So what are the 10 Coolest things about Google Calendar?
- It’s free and your customizing options are endless! If you have a gmail account, you have access to multiple Google Calendars!
- It’s Shareable! You can create a calendar within your own Google Calendar, give it a name, and share it with family.
- Events that repeat are easy to create! Repeat yearly for birthdays, monthly for bills, or weekly for sports practices.
- Get reminders for appointments and kids activities, so everyone can be to the right place at the right time. This is my favorite, I always have to add a few reminders, while I’m standing at the doctors office and they are wondering why I am still there….oh well, better than me forgetting the appointment, right?
- Add a location to your events, so when it’s time to go to that game, you can click on the map for directions, and see if it will take you an hour to get there. (I would be lost without my Google Maps, literally!)
- Google Calendar syncs up with multiple devices, including PC’s, Mac’s, Tablets, and cell phones. You can set up notifications and you will get reminders no matter where you are. So, have those notifications come right to yours and your hubby’s phone!
- Multiple Views and Color Coding-Agenda, day, week, or month at a glance. See your whole month, or just today’s schedule. You can also choose which of your calendars to view, with the color of your choice of course!
- Use “OK Google” to add appointments or just to say, “Show me my agenda for today.”
- Another great feature is that you can see the weather forecast right in your calendar! To do this, under general settings, if you scroll down, you will see an option to show weather based on your location. Once enabled, there will be a forecast at the top of each day of your calendar. Planning a picnic for next week? You can check the weather AS you plan!
- You can “subscribe” to your Facebook events, including friends’ Birthdays, having them automatically show up in Google calendar.
So , what are you waiting for?
Go sign up for a google account if you haven’t already and set up your calendar!
Did I mention you can also use also use Google Calendar for your meal plans? Well, you can! You can even print them out!
If you are using Google Calendar now, what do you use it for? How does Google Calendar simplify your busy life? What else would you like to know about Google Calendar and sharing calendars with family? I would love to hear about it in the comments. Stay tuned for a more in depth step by step calendar guide. Now, if only I could eliminate some more of my paper clutter……
Thanks for stopping by!
Read more about me and The Dawn of my Disorganization